Candle Care

Want to know how to maximize the lifespan of your candles? Here are some best practices to keep your candles burning for hours and hours: 

The first time you light your candle is the most important: We recommend burning your candle until it has achieved a "complete melt pool", which usually takes about 4-5 hours. This means the top layer of wax has had a chance to fully melt from edge to edge of the candle container. Because wax has a "memory", it's going to burn in the same pattern every time. Achieving a full melt pool on the first burn will ensure an even burn every time you use your candle

  • PLEASE NOTE: With coconut-apricot wax, you might not get a full melt pool on the first burn - and that's OK! The wax will "catch up" on the second or third burn, as the jar gets hotter 
  • Do not burn your candle for more than 4-5 hours:  If your candle has been burning for more than 4-5 hours, extinguish it. 
  • Keep your wick trimmed to 1/4 inch: We recommend trimming your wick to 1/4 inch before each burn. This will help avoid "mushrooming" of the wick, smoking and soot, overheating and maximize your candles life. If you don't have a proper wick trimmer, you can use regular scissors or a nail clipper to make the cuts. 
  • Keep away from drafts: It's important to burn your candle on an even, heat-proof surface, away from windows, vents or anything flammable. Burning candles near drafts (from air conditioner vents or windows) or on uneven surfaces can result in an inconsistent burn. It can even cause ugly black marks on the container. 
  • Discontinue use of candle when 1/2 inch of wax remains at the bottom of the jar: The glass can get hot on the bottom as the flame gets closer to the base of the container, and most wax has been consumed. This will prevent possible heat damage to the surface the candle is sitting on and the container itself.
  • Store in a cool, dry place: We recommend storing your candles between 50 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit to preserve its integrity. Avoid leaving candles in your car for long periods of time, particularly on hot days, as they could melt or discolor.
  • Safety first: Use common sense. Keep your candle out of reach from children and pets. Never leave a burning candle unattended. Trim your wick before lighting the candle or when the wax is fully dry. Do not touch the candle or vessel while burning. Extinguish the candle if you are going to leave your home or if you plan to move it to a different location.